Hugg & Hall Equipment Company is a leading supplier of Material Handling and Construction Equipment. Representing multiple lines, we are a turnkey operation offering new, used, parts, service and rental for industrial and construction equipment needs.
Hugg and Hall knows that an environment where the employee is valued, well-trained, and confident will bring satisfaction to the customer or client. If you are seeking a career with a company that can offer opportunity and respect as a team member then you
should consider employment with Hugg & Hall Equipment Company. Our team includes sales representative, service technicians, and a variety of other positions that will work together to make our customers’ needs our own.
Hugg & Hall offers competitive compensation, quarterly incentive and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid vacation.
The Rental Equipment Field Technician is responsible for repairing rental equipment (boom lifts, scissor lifts, telehandlers, light construction equipment, etc) outside of a shop environment at a customer’s site, assisting with equipment pickup/return and perform
preventative maintenance (oil & filter changes) both in and out of a shop environment. Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner. Must be able to safely operate a service truck.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Perform repairs on Rental Equipment outside of a shop environment by:
- conduct repairs authorized by Fleet Maintenance Coordinator
- evaluating equipment based on reported problem
- diagnosing malfunctioning equipment
- discussing evaluation with supervisor
- completing parts requisition for necessary parts to make repairs
- replacing faulty parts
- repairing unit to be operational and safety compliant
2. Preform Preventative Maintenance on Rental Equipment by:
- understand minimum preventative maintenance guidelines for specific machine types
- ability to change engine oil, oil filter, fuel filters and air filters
- ability to locate lubrication points and apply proper level of lubrication
- ability to inspect entire machine for safety concerns and note any deficiencies
3. Manages time efficiently and contributes to team effort by:
- being prepared for scheduled work hours and with special hours as needed
- planning day’s workload based on supervisors direction
- utilizing time to minimize lost productivity
- maintaining a clean and safe work area along with maintaining yard and building
- maintaining shop tools and fixtures and reporting misuse
- works well with others in the Rental Department
- works well with other departments
4. Performs other organizational and equipment related tasks by:
- attends training schools as requested
- performs pre-delivery inspections, warranty registration, and decaling of new equipment
- ability to safely operate a service truck
- performs as needed cleaning and organizing
- any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Clean driving record
- Above average communication skills to include: two-way radios, phones, and e-mail
- Strong organization skills not limited to: parts, equipment, accessories, batteries, buckets, trailers, etc.
- Ability to read and following instructions
- Ability to accomplish duties with accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to self-motivate which is required to stay on track, maintain organization, and make continuous progress
- Ability to learn proper equipment operation on various types of material handling and construction equipment
- Procession of basic hand tools
- Strong mechanical background
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- High school diploma or equivalent
This position will be working at branch facilities mostly outdoors with the potential of traveling to customer locations. The employee will encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. The normal auto hazards will apply. This position will be frequently
operating equipment with potential hazard. Appropriate safety equipment and practices are required.
Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds on a frequent basis. Must be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds. Position requires standing, walking, twisting, climbing and crawling. Position requires bending, stooping, kneeling or squatting handling/fingering on
a daily basis. Position may require driving truck to and from customer locations or other branch locations on occasion. Must be able to wear safety glasses and safety shoes. Must be medically capable of performing all aspects of the job with the maximum
amount of safety. (Initial hire requires passing of pre-employment background check, physical abilities test, drug test and driving record)
For positions in AR and LA this job is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment of 2016.