Hugg & Hall Equipment Company is a leading supplier of Material Handling and Construction Equipment. Representing multiple lines, we are a turnkey operation offering new, used, parts, service and rental for industrial and construction equipment needs.
Hugg and Hall knows that an environment where the employee is valued, well-trained, and confident will bring satisfaction to the customer or client. If you are seeking a career with a company that can offer opportunity and respect as a team member then you
should consider employment with Hugg & Hall Equipment Company. Our team includes sales representative, service technicians, and a variety of other positions that will work together to make our customers’ needs our own.
Hugg & Hall offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid vacation.
The Field Service Manager ensures that our field technicians perform their work safely and with the highest level of quality and proficiency in the industry. The position communicates directly with our customers pertaining to all Service Department needs, services,
opportunities and concerns.
Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Essential Job Duties:
Ensure the Safety of employees and customer personnel; Protect the company and its customers from loss or damage of property by:
Create premium value by delivering industry leading Quality through:
- Having zero accidents
- Ensuring our technicians are qualified to perform required repairs
- Having knowledge and understanding of all company safety policies
- Having knowledge and understanding of any safety policies specific to performing work at a customer’s location
- Having highly proficient knowledge and understanding of safe repair procedures allowing for quick visual inspections and quick recognition of when inadequate procedures are in use: proper cribbing techniques, securing an object/load, relieving energy (fluids,
electricity) as examples
- Helping identify risks or deficiencies through your time in the field that help drive new safety policies and procedures or justify the need for tooling or other capital investment
Create consistent sales growth at established gross profit levels; maintain the financial health and increase the net profit contribution of the Service Department by:
- Scheduling and dispatching field technicians for equipment repair and maintenance based on a thorough analysis of the situation and by understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each of your assigned technicians.
- Coordinating and prioritizing service calls with customers and ensure continuous communication takes place in order to keep the customer and internal personnel informed of most current status.
- Directing and managing technicians assigned to the field; Oversee inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair of construction and industrial equipment.
- Reviewing field technicians’ time cards and ensuring they are turned in daily.
- Inspecting the work of our technicians during the actual time repairs are being performed or shortly after repairs/PM’s have been completed
- Meeting weekly on an individual basis with each of your assigned technicians for the purpose of proper planning, i.e. ongoing challenges, upcoming repairs, parts needed, etc.
- Monitoring the status of repairs/PM’s
- Conducting annual performance reviews in a timely and effective manner incorporating honest, objective, and constructive feedback. Provide compensation recommendations.
- Providing leadership to technicians assigned to your area of responsibility. This will include all things related to their professional development as technicians and employees of Hugg & Hall Equipment.
- Actively recruit talented personnel to serve as technicians.
- Manage all software, IT hardware, technical publications, bulletins, etc., to ensure accuracy, completeness, and assimilation of information to technicians.
- Keeping price integrity; honoring what we said we would do for the cost we said we would do it and personally communicating with the customer when things change
- Being aware of the true cost of discounting our services
- Maximizing our total number of labor hours available for sale
- Setting PM pricing
- Setting Full Maintenance pricing through thorough evaluation of the equipment application, hours of usage, make and model of equipment to be used, the environment in which the equipment will be used, distance to customer location from the Branch and technician(s)
available with adequate knowledge to perform maintenance with the highest level of efficiency.
- Actively managing all full maintenance accounts assigned to your group of technicians, including but not limited to: thorough understanding of maintenance and repair items included and excluded as outlined in the full maintenance contract, identification
of damage done through abuse, both caused by operator error or by the application/environment, consistent record keeping of hours of usage so any associated “overtime” charges are realized
- Creating and maintaining procedures for identifying additional recommended repairs, especially those related to the safe working condition of the equipment
- Creating and maintaining procedures for affectively quoting and communicating additional recommended repairs, helping to generate incremental sales
- Creating and maintaining procedures for adequate record keeping and customer acknowledgement of safety deficiencies as noted by our technicians
- Actively engaging in setting the required number of hours to perform any given repair or maintenance task
- Assisting with customer quotes working closely with PSSR/Service Coordinators in order to ensure accurate and timely delivery to the customer.
- Controlling costs for field activities.
Prefer previous management experience
Minimum 5 years in equipment repair, service related or equipment industry
Minimum 21 years of age
Clean driving record
Ability to use technical knowledge
Ability understand and oversee adherence to safety policies and procedures
Having high aptitude and confidence in the use of technology
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Ability to foster a strong sense of teamwork and maintain good morale
Effective administrative skills
Ability to be efficient and effective in time management
College degree preferred
High school diploma or equivalent
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
This position will be working in indoor office environment with a controlled climate. This position will also in support of their personnel be working outdoors on company yard and traveling to customer locations encountering varying weather conditions and
temperatures. The normal auto hazards will apply.
This position will frequently walk in discussions with personnel in various office and warehouse parts areas, service shops and facility yards.
This position requires sitting at a computer desk for extended periods of time with use of a computer keyboard and use of hands to type.
This position will continuously talk, hear, and read in verbal and written communication.
For positions in AR and LA this job is deemed Safety Sensitive for purposes of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment of 2016.